About the score
- What is my Health Score?
- How is my Health Score calculated?
- What is a good Health Score?
- How do I improve my Health Score?
- What is my Status?
- What is protection and how does it affect my heart and brain?
- How do I see the benefit of increasing my Health Score?
- Who has access to my Health Score?
WHAT IS MY HEALTH SCORE?
- Your Health Score is an overall measure of the health impact of your physical activity.
- It assesses the extent to which you are realizing the full potential health benefits of physical activity.
HOW IS MY HEALTH SCORE CALCULATED?
- Your Health Score is generated based on proprietary mathematical models we have developed based on the latest clinical research including high impact studies that we have published ourselves.
- Your health score relies exclusively on the physical activities you track using integrated apps and devices. Run Keeper is currently the only integrated product, however, you will soon be able to integrate additional products that track your physical activity as well as other health behaviours.
- One Health Score currently includes physical activity as the sole health behaviour input, however additional health behaviours and measures (such as nutritional intake, sleep, weight, blood pressure, etc.) from other sources will be added over time – so stay tuned!
- One Health Score is for information purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. Please consult your doctor if you have any specific medical concerns.
- One Health Score is optimized for adults who do not have a chronic condition, such as heart disease or cancer.
WHAT IS A GOOD HEALTH SCORE?
- One Health Score can range between 0 and 100.
- It is a reflection of the extent to which you are realizing the full potential health benefits of physical activity.
- Any level of physical activity is beneficial for health, and even a little is better than none.
- In general, a score of ‘60’ or above signifies that you are capturing a basic level of health benefit from physical activity based on federal guidelines. For more information on guidelines and the clinical evidence used in calculating the score, please see the references section.
- A score of ‘90’ signifies that you are capturing more benefits from physical activity.
- Scores above 90 are more typical of athletes and the additional benefits are geared toward optimizing sports performance as well as improving health.
HOW DO I IMPROVE MY HEALTH SCORE?
- You can improve your Health Score by doing more physical activity, and/or by tracking a greater proportion of your activities and sustaining these changes over time.
- To increase your physical activity, consider increasing the duration, frequency and/or intensity of your activities. Engaging in a variety of activities can also be a fun way of getting more active.
- Including an activity in your daily routine is an effective way of sustaining increased activity levels over time. Increasing your daily walking, and tracking more of your walking, is an often overlooked way to boost your score.
- Don’t forget, we cannot give you ‘credit’ for your activity unless you track it, so it is important to track as much of your activity as possible in order to get an accurate score.
WHAT IS MY STATUS?
- Your Status provides an indication of how your health behaviours, specifically your physical activity, compared to expert health guidelines based on decades of research.
- Here’s a general guide to what your status signifies:
- Bench Warmer– You are significantly below health guidelines
- Rookie– You are below health guidelines
- Starter– You are meeting basic health guidelines
- All-Star– You are meeting advanced health guidelines
- Superstar– You are over and above health guidelines
- MVP– You are significantly above health guidelines
WHAT IS PROTECTION AND HOW DOES IT AFFECT MY HEART AND BRAIN?
- Protection is the percentage of the potential benefit of physical activity on disease risk that you are currently realizing.
- We give you an idea of your protection against Coronary Heart Disease (Heart Protection) and Cognitive Decline (Brain Protection.)
- In other words, think of your protection like “shields” or “armour” in a computer game: the higher the percentage the more you are able to protect yourself from potential threats to your heart or brain health.
HOW DO I SEE THE BENEFIT OF INCREASING MY HEALTH SCORE?
- By using the ‘Improve’ function you now have the ability to look into your health future and visualize how a change in your Health Score can influence your Heart Protection and Brain Protection.
- Simply select your intended Health Score change and view the corresponding improvements in your Heart Protection and Brain Protection.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO MY HEALTH SCORE?
- We allow you to determine whether or not you would like to share your Health Score publicly or keep it private.
- Your default sharing setting is based on your sharing setting with Run Keeper.
- For more information please see our terms of service.